Interracial Dating Tips
1. Respect each others culture. The worst thing you can do is say "This thing in your culture is stupid" or do something to demoralize your partners culture. Remember that culture has been a significant part of their lives.
2. Respect their religion. This is a bit difficult to overcome for some people, but it is necessary to maintain a healthy relationship. You partner might have religious beliefs that are different from yours. Do not scold him or her because of those beliefs, it has been a part of his or her life for a long time. Don't scold him/her for going to church on Sunday or being active in the church community, that's a good thing not a bad one. If you truly respect each others religion you will let things be and love each other for who you are. Never force someone to believe in your religion, your not a missionary.
3. With all the stuff on parents that I have said before, there may be times where your significant others parents absolutely love you, while your parents don't approve of the relationship. Take the time to know your partners parents, they like you and you don't want to make them your enemy. If you are invited to family functions try to attend as many as you can. Befriend his/her family because they are great people for supporting your relationship.
4. Be patient, but be careful . If you are truly invested in each other and know that you are going to love each other for the long haul, be patient. See if your partner makes an effort to, do what ever is best for the relationship, if he or she does not then it is up to you whether or not your relationship is worth it.
5. Try not to bring up past memories that did not go so well. This is something that most couples shouldn't do regardless of whether or not they are an interracial relationship. Plans may fail and you may not like it, but for heavens sake don't bring up what happened at that time, weeks or months down the road. We know we made a mistake, but its when we repeat that mistake consistently when it becomes a problem.
6. Trust each other. Trust is the glue that sticks together all relationships. Imagine having a relationship worrying whether or not your significant other is cheating on you or doing things behind your back. If you love each other you trust each other, simple as that.
7. Always be ready to make sacrifices. Because both of you are a different kind, there can be many differences in culture or norms between the both of you. There may be things you don't like but, you need to sacrifice in order to keep the relationship going on a steady pace. Love, is not a perfect straight path, sometimes you need to take a road that you don't want to take, sometimes you hit bumps in the road, it is up to you to be ready for them.